Thursday, March 8, 2012

Basta Pate de Foie Gras


 (A little Italian....a little French. My idea of international flavor.)

I gave up eating goose liver years ago when I was told that those who create it nail the feet of live geese to a board so the birds cannot move; stuff food down their throats with frequency; tie their throat closed so they cannot upchuck it; slaughter them just before their livers burst, and then feed those livers to overfed humans.

It was, as I recall, very rich fare.

Almost as rich as the surfeit of news coming from a gob-smacking variety of political scenes. 

Someone asked me why I haven't posted in several days in view of this richness of news material on offer. I explained my lack of enthusiasm for posting because :

     *  the insanity of Rush Limbaugh (new name: Rush Limpballs, thanks to the creative phraseology of a fellow screamer) who exposed himself (or, at least his perversions) on air;


     *  the materialization of a satisfying list of sponsors who have fled his filth;

     *  the strange saga of  'Sick' Santorum and his Medieval notions of Christianity;

     *  the passage of Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's rape decree, perpetrated on women who wish to lawfully terminate a pregnancy;

     *  the untimely passing of Breitbart the Bad whose mind was so warped that he made little sense of his world and his maker probably took pity and returned him for a diagnostic, and maybe even a design change;

     *  the mindlessness of the goppers' candidates as they seek to sack one another with lies, innuendo and impotently devastating verbiage.....

..... have provided too rich a meal for us gluttons who enjoy winkling out mankind's perfidy for the sake of our own amusement and edification - and enthusiastically sharing it..

Oh, there is more, much, much more..... and I am reveling in all of it. I'd empty the cupboard if I could.

But there is very little point in commenting on it since it is much too tasty to require any further seasoning from me.

-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment