Friday, March 4, 2011

It Was Tickety-Boo, Too!

The "boys" around the table at Morning Joe all had their big biz capitalist hats on today and were guffawing with guest, Harvey Weinstein, U.S. Distributor of the wildly financially successful The King's Speech.

Weinstein apparently was once identified with Disney/Miramax studios in some major capacity (I wasn't listening very carefully).

I guess he's still a hot shot in the business because he recounted the 10 films he has been involved with that have included Colin Firth - with only the first being a box office bomb.

While recalling his association with him he joked about that first film, counting it as a low point in his career. It was The Hour of the Pig and released in the U.S. as The Advocate. I have always been amazed that no one has ever seen it or heard of it. Maybe if the Messrs. Weinstein and done the kind of promotion  it deserved, it would not be the object of their tacky derision. (You made me mad, Harvey!)

To me, The Advocate was fascinating. And, as a bonus, it showed some of Colin's bare parts. I forget which, but I am sure I recall they were very nice.

 I just checked and Netflix has it. They describe it thusly:

"How far jurisprudence has come! This medieval court drama is set in the days when humans and animals were believed to harbor the devil. Courtois, an educated lawyer (Colin Firth), leaves the big city to find peace in the countryside but soon discovers acts of murder and mayhem that are holding a small hamlet in fear. To the townsfolk, Courtois's intelligence is nearly as mysterious as witchcraft."
If you have found yourself on my blog more than once, there's a distinct possibility you are kind of quirky....and a perfect audience to view Colin Firth defending a pig in court.

1 comment:

  1. I was just telling someone they needed to see The Advocate the other day.

    ReplyDelete