Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cream vs. Petard

There has been a surfeit of news today....or perhaps I should say "opinions." The quality of these opinions has been both funny and depressing.

I, like far too many of those in government and in the media, don't always know what I am talking about.

However, when I blunder into know-nothing land, it makes not one whit of  difference to anything or anyone. Therefore, the perils of this kind of detour hinders me not.

Unfortunately, neither does it hinder far too many of our pols whose only goal seems to be not rising to the top like cream, but, instead,  hoisting themselves skyward on their own petard.

Not an admirable objective, but this mode of transport - by being  noisier and smellier -puts them front and center without expending anything but hot air.

No comments:

Post a Comment