Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Liberal's Dilemma

A friend sent me a diatribe against President Obama. It was by someone named Glen Ford and it said:

"There is nothing left of Obama, except the "moderate Republicrat corporate lawyer" that he has always been. He refuses to fight in the people's interest, because he is not interested in the people - only in his foolish dream of a grand alliance with the GOP in service of Wall Street."

This is why I am not into politics right now.

I hate the Republican point of view. And, if the truth be known, I probably would dislike on sight anyone who is socially conservative because their convictions are  anathema to mine in every way.

But, heaven help us, these people make up about half the country. I can't see any way to ignore them.

Sure I wish Obama would push to rid us all kinds of stuff that sometimes makes me want to leave this country and live on an island. I wish he would not ever compromise because the GOP mindset is steeped in pond scum and I wish it would disappear forever.


There seems to be a total invasion of mindless nincompoops foisting their narrow-minded, ultra-religious views on the country.

Michelle Bachman and Sarah Palin and their ilk make my skin crawl, and if it weren't illegal, I'd use their guts for garters.

But I have to trust that our President's instincts are right. He's a good man and he knows what the problems are. I don't think this is all self aggrandizement. So what is it? Maybe he's right to compromise. I don't know. That's why I have withdrawn from reading a lot of political opinions.

I was up early reading my mail and worrying about this because I was jolted awake with one of those nasty stinkbugs crawling on my face. Ugh! Between them, the ladybugs and those black and orange beetles, my house is invaded! And I hate to further pollute the environment by using bug spray.

Feels almost like my political dilemma!

No comments:

Post a Comment