Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pearls Before Swine

Poor Kevin Blackistone. I just read his column where he suggested that our national anthem is perhaps too warrior-like....particularly sung before sports events...events that are meant to be enjoyable competition, not killing fields.

I, too, have long wished that John Lennon's Imagine could be our anthem. That will never happen in my lifetime....and, likely, no one alive today will see such a move to  a beneficent point of view.

However, what struck me, and depressed me more than I can say, were the comments that were posted following the piece. It accused him of every vile thought and action known to man....but especially the probability that he was a "lousy librul."

If there truly were a God, people like that simply would not exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment